Monday, May 4, 2015

The Amoeba Culture Concert (Iron Security Scholarship).

March 27th 2015. That day I made two mistakes; I was not completely prepared for transportation, and I didn't not have a back up plan for my original plan to get home from the concert. On March 27th, 2015 I went to the Amoeba Culture concert in Duluth, GA. I took MARTA and a taxi from my home in Stone Mountain, GA , and I had planned to go back through a taxi and MARTA as well. Things didn't work out so well. After the AMAZING concert, I called for a taxi to take me to the nearest bus stop. It turns out the buses in the Duluth/Gwinnett stopped running earlier than the ones in Metro-Atlanta. My mother hadn't known much about the MARTA schedule either, but the day before, I told her that I had checked everything, but I hadn't, another mistake. My mother was out with my aunt, so I had a limited time to get home, with out my mother being worried and concerned. I had a few moments to figure out how I was getting. In the end I wound up taking an uber to the nearest train station with the help of a woman at a sauna near by. In between the end of the concert, and the ride to the train station, I had called a taxi with out enough money, I almost had a complete ride home from a security guard of the nearby sauna, and I had almost gotten a ride from a famous youtuber that was there at the concert. Duluth, and the concert was a great experience, but the trip home was a difficult task that I had to overcome in a minimal amount of time. The end of that night was a bit nerve wrecking and scary, but I am glad to have experienced something like that, so I can be better prepared if another event like that were to come up.










No comments:

Post a Comment